Pennsylvania Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Thank you for visiting the web site of Drs. Michael Bianchi, Thomas Nordone, Andrew Kanter, Jason Huffman, Joseph Kern, Eric Schlesinger, Joseph Ilacqua, Richard Plotkin, Andrew Miller, and John Soliman. Our site provides important information about our practice that will help you become familiar with Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Our office is committed to providing you with the highest quality of care possible. We will make every effort to make your visit with us a comfortable experience.
An oral and maxillofacial surgeon (OMS) is a doctor that specializes in treatment of diseases, injuries, and congenital or acquired deformities of the head and neck. Patients may present to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon with a wide variety of problems associated with functional and / or aesthetic aspects of the face, jaw and mouth regions. Such problems may include:
- Missing teeth requiring replacement with dental implants
- wisdom teeth
- cleft lip and palate
- complex congenital craniofacial deformities and syndromes
- misaligned or disproportionately sized jaws
- oral-facial tumors
- snoring and sleep apnea
- temporomandibular joint disorders
- traumatic injuries to the face
- soft tissue lacerations
- fractures of facial bones ( jaws, nose, cheekbones, and eye sockets)
Many of the procedures can be done comfortably in our offices which are well equipped to meet your surgical needs and anesthetic needs. More complicated procedures may be done in the hospital at the discretion of the doctor.
The doctors maintain active staff privileges at:
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
Additionally, they are extensively involved as surgeons with the St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children Cleft Palate / Craniofacial Team.
Our doctors take great pride in bringing our patients the latest in high-tech, comfort-oriented oral and facial surgical care. Some of our capabilities include:
- CO2 Laser: promotes precision, minimal intraoperative hemorrhage, assists in maintaining sterile surgical area, healing with minimal scarring and decreased postoperative pain and swelling.
- 3-D Computer Generated Sterolithographic modeling for patients requiring major facial or craniofacial reconstructive surgery.
- Laser Cosmetic Skin Resurfacing. Ideal for reducing fine wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. The laser is also the ideal medical treatment for cosmetic resurfacing of acne scars.
- Rigid Fixation, which significantly reduces the need to have the jaws wired shut for treatment of facial bone fractures and corrective jaw surgery.
- IV Sedation/General Anesthesia. Drs. Bianchi, Nordone, Kanter, Huffman, Kern, & Schlesinger have extensive training in IV Sedation and General Anesthesia. During and after the anesthesia, the patient is intensively monitored with the most technologically advanced equipment to ensure safety and comfort.
- Acceptance of most major insurance coverages.
- Acceptance of most major credit cards.
- Easy payment options.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of treatment available. We are happy that you are visiting our web site. Please feel free to e-mail or call us with any questions. Thank you for stopping by!